How to communicate internally
This day-long workshop helps participants to create engaging and useful copy for newsletters, the intranet and other in-house publications
The intranet, newsletters and magazines are often used to keep in touch with the public, stakeholders or other interested parties. We will show you how to apply basic journalistic principles to keep your copy legally safe, informative and a good read.
The workshop covers:
- Writing skills: writing for your audience. Identifying the ‘intro’ to a story. The importance of quotes and using plain language. Troubleshooting using case studies of good and bad internal publications.
- Photography: what makes a great photograph. How to use photographs well. Briefing others on photography.
- How to handle bad news, well.
- Identifying good news stories/problems ahead.
- Editing skills: how to turn a 600-word long winded document into a 200-word snappy news story. Using the pyramid technique.
How long? Full day
Perfect for? Anyone responsible for producing engaging and useful copy for newsletters, the intranet and other in-house publications.
How much? Email for quote
Anything else? This bespoke workshop is tailored for clients and is on demand
Contact us about this course:
Cheap and 100% recyclable cardboard furniture – designed by students for students. That’s the novel idea that caught the eye of a Metro journalist and prompted this page lead. Great publicity for inventor Gareth Swarte – a Manchester Business School student – who launched The Cardboard Man business. The media gets bombarded with press releases […]
It’s a simple newspaper cutting taped to a Whitby chemist’s window. But it represents the power of PR and the impact media coverage can have on a business. The Daily Mail covers health extensively, always has and always will. If there’s a new wonder drug, miracle cure or heartbreaking cancer survivor case study they’ll have […]
‘How to do your own PR’ workshop generates media coverage in The Telegraph, Huffington Post, BBC Radio Lancs, Daily Express, Metro, Closer etc
We love getting emails like this at Mary Murtagh Media HQ. Alex Wall, from Simply Jobs Board, attended our ‘How to do your own PR’ half day intro workshop and immediately put what he’d learned into action. Within 24 hours he’d chalked up column inches in six national newspapers, celebrity mags, trade press, and was […]