This day-long workshop is aimed at anyone who needs to write well. Participants will brush up their spelling, punctuation and grammar, learn the art of editing and gain skills in choosing the right language.
Being able to write well is a key skill for work whether it’s composing an authoritative email to your team or penning a letter to a client.
Yet many people struggle with the basics – getting to the point, using apostrophes or editing your own words.
This hands-on workshop sharpens rusty spelling, punctuation and grammar, gives tips on choosing the language, and boosts your vocabulary.
The workshop covers:
Getting the basics right
- The importance of preparation
- Practical tips to improve your writing to include think before you type and keeping your audience in mind
Spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Simple tips to improve spelling and grammar
- Troubleshooting problematic vocabulary and punctuation
- Sentence structure
How to organise your writing and then edit it
- Tips on how to write and then review your work to create a logical and easy to read; report, email or letter
- Simple guidelines to use when editing
- How to choose the right words
- Keeping your audience in mind when writing
- Expanding your vocabulary
In this workshop, you’ll discover that writing well is easy when you’re given the tools to help you to do so.
Being able to communicate well is a key skill which can help you progress in your career and present yourself and your organisation well. Applying these tips can improve the standard of your writing in every area of your job and your life.
How long? Full day
Perfect for? Anyone who needs to write well. Participants will brush up their spelling, punctuation and grammar, learn the art of editing and gain skills in choosing the right language.
How much? Email for quote
Anything else? This bespoke workshop is tailored for clients and is on demand.