HOW TO COMMUNICATE INTERNALLY
This day-long workshop helps participants to create engaging and useful copy for newsletters, the intranet and other in-house publications.
The intranet, newsletters and magazines are often used to keep in touch with the public, stakeholders or other interested parties. We will show you how to apply basic journalistic principles to keep your copy legally safe, informative and a good read.
The workshop covers:
- Writing skills: writing for your audience. Identifying the ‘intro’ to a story. The importance of quotes and using plain language. Troubleshooting using case studies of good and bad internal publications.
- Photography: what makes a great photograph. How to use photographs well.
- Briefing others on photography.
- How to handle bad news, well.
- Identifying good news stories/problems ahead.
- Editing skills: how to turn a 600-word long-winded document into a 200-word snappy news story.
- Using the pyramid technique.
How long? Full day
Perfect for? Anyone responsible for producing engaging and useful copy for newsletters, the intranet and other in-house publications.
How much? Email for quote
Anything else? This bespoke workshop is tailored for clients and is on demand.